HOW TO BUILD LOD2 3D BUILDING DATA USING LIDAR POINT CLOUD DATA IN ARCGIS PRO

1. The workflow demonstrated in this video uses ready-to-use LIDAR point cloud data, in that the 
data has already undergone all of the LIDAR pre-processing steps up to point cloud classification. If 
you have raw LIDAR or pre-classified LIDAR point clouds, I suggest you do the pre-processing and 
point cloud classification first; there are many software programs that can do that. I also made one 
video about it; just check my Agisoft Metashape Playlist.

2. I am using ready-to-use LIDAR data from the USGS LIDAR 3DEP Portal at this URL: 
https://apps.nationalmap.gov/lidar-explorer/#/; the data is available for free and no registration is 
needed. Highly recommended data source for learning purposes.

3. I am using ArcGIS Pro with an Advanced License and the 3D Analyst Extension for ArcGIS Pro; if 
you don't have these prerequisites, I am afraid you wouldn't be able to practice the workflow I 
demonstrated in this video.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

TUTORIAL ORTHOREKTIFIKASI CITRA SATELIT RESOLUSI SEDANG (CITRA ASTER)

HAE (Height Above Ellipsoid) and MSL (Mean Sea Level) Conversion Using Pathfinder Office

ArcGIS Tile Package Conversion to Mbtiles using tpkutils (Basemap series part 1)