Backup Clone Rename Delete Restore PostGIS Database using QGIS

Many database engineers looking for workflow to reduce their job loads when it must dealing with database administrative tasks like backup, restore, delete, clone or renaming database. Spatial Database administrative tasks is no exception. Up until today, I still looking for a way to make my routine database administration more easier. For Enterprise Geodatabase, ArcGIS Desktop and ArcGIS pro have provided dozens of tools to do those administrative tasks inside the desktop software, so I dont have to leave the GIS software just for doing some database administrative tasks. 

But similar condition is not seamlessly found in QGIS and PostGIS as its "native" DBMS. But finally today, with the release of a cool new plugin by Leandro Franca called LF Tools, I found that features like in ArcGIS can also be done in QGIS. Now my database administration routines can be done inside QGIS, I dont have to go to PgAdmin4 if I want to do certain database administration stuffs. I can do that inside QGIS. Video below is the demonstration of what I means. 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

TUTORIAL ORTHOREKTIFIKASI CITRA SATELIT RESOLUSI SEDANG (CITRA ASTER)

HAE (Height Above Ellipsoid) and MSL (Mean Sea Level) Conversion Using Pathfinder Office